HELB loan application form 2024/2025 registration portal www.helb.co.ke is open. Detail about Higher Education Loans Board student loan application requirements, starting date, how to access the registration form, application deadline and other important information are available in this article.
The government of Kenya through the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) do offer students loan to enable them sail through their years of studies in higher institution be it University, Polytechnic, College etc.
Prior to this, if you’re just hearing about HELB student loan application for the first time then you’ve arrived the right page as we have explain in detail everything you should know.
Also, if you have filled HELB loan application form before and would want to do same for this year? If yes, then there are new strategies to learn here, ensure you read till the end.
HELB Loan Application Form PDF Download
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is specifically channeled to help students pursue their studies. This loan is designed for higher institution students only that is why those in pre-university, certificate, diploma or postgraduate cannot apply.
Having said that, the very first thing you should understand about HELB student loan application is accessing and filling the registration form.
In this regard, HELB loan application form are of two (2) types which are; first time application, then second & subsequent application.
Reason for this is because each university student is eligible to apply for this loan once a year and the window is open for 2024.
Is HELB Loan Portal Open for 2024 Application?
Yes, the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) registration for 2024 has started and the application portal www.helb.co.ke is currently open. Applications are being invited from interested students via HELB online portal and submission must be done before the set deadline.
It is important for you to note that HELB student loan application does not require an initial payment during registration. All you have to do is provide the necessary data required and submit your form on time then await response from HELB.
- KYEOP Application Form Cycle 9 Registration
- TSC Internship Recruitment Application Form
- COG Internship Application Form
- Nyeri County Internship Application Form
- Kenya Power Internship Application Form
- KRA Internship Application Form
Requirements for HELB Student Loan Application 2024/2025
See below the criteria which are required of every applicants.
- You will need a valid email address. If you do not have any, do well to open one now before filling HELB loan application form.
- To apply for this loan, you also need a registered, reachable, valid phone number.
- You will be requested to provide both KCPE, KCSE index number and year of examination as well as a passport photograph.
- Your National Identity Card, College or University admission letter, parent National ID number and phone number are required.
- You will as well provide your birth certificate and death certificate for any of your deceased parent.
- If you were sponsored during secondary school, you will as well provide the sponsorship letter.
Finally, whether you’re fresh (i.e. first timer) or subsequent applicant providing two guarantors is necessary. Note these could be your parents.
HELB Loan Application Form for First Time Applicants
Just as we mentioned earlier, HELB student loan application is for two categories of applicants, first timers and subsequent applicants. As first time applicant, here is how to access and fill HELB loan application form.
Fresh HELB Student Loan Application Steps
Note that if your course is for four (4) years then you’re eligible to apply for the loan for four (4) times.
- You have to begin by visiting HELB portal
- Once the page loans, click on register to create a new account
- Enter your National ID and your student ID number respectively
- Applicants that do not have National ID can use KCSE index number
- Input your email address and any password of your choice
- After that, click “register” then a confirmation link will be sent to you
- Check both your inbox and spam to click the activation mail
- A verification code will also be sent to your phone number
- Next thing is to carefully fill the online application form
- Pay close attention to your personal data
- Ensure you read through the terms and condition given
- Proceed to the next stage until you’ve completed the form
- Enter your guarantor details
- Provide your bank details
- Review your application form
- If everything is okay, then submit your loan application
The management recommend you use your loan judiciously once disbursed in other to cater for the purpose for which it was given.
HELB Loan Portal Login
- HELB official website is www.helb.co.ke
- HELB student loan registration portal is www.portal.hef.co.ke
- HELB loan repayment portal is www.helb.co.ke/repay-loan
How to Apply for HELB Student Loan 2024
Note that the login portal for fresh and subsequent loan applicants is www.portal.hef.co.ke. Follow through the steps below to submit your application.
- Open the registration portal www.portal.hef.co.ke
- Click user registration on the menu and select applicant registration
- Then click register to provide your bio data
- Clearly scan and upload your credentials
- Go through the information you’ve provided
- Correct necessary mistakes before final submission
HELB Student Portal Subsequent Loan Application 2024
If this is your second, third, fourth or even fifth time trying to fill HELB loan application form you can follow the guidelines below.
- You first have to download HELB mobile app from Google store
- Register by providing your key details such as names, number, email, National ID and KRA PIN.
- A Pin will be generated for you to use and login.
- Be sure that you’re using Safaricom number you use for MPESA transactions
- Select undergraduate loans and carefully fill out the application form
- Enter correctly the information required for each stage of the application process.
- After successful submission, a pop-up message will be shown which also contain your loan serial number, ensure you take note of that.
HELB Loan Application Deadline 2024/2025
The deadline for HELB loan application is Tuesday, 30th September, 2024. Candidates who fails to submit their form on or before the set closing date will be disqualified off the process.
That’s all you should note concerning HELB loan application form and the registration process. Based on what you’ve read thus far, if you have a question kindly let us know in the comment section.